Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Dolly (Dorothy Evelyn Cole) Murphy


Today my parents and I attended the funeral in Hamilton of our lovely Aunty Dolly, along with many other friends and rellies from both sides of my family. Dolly was married to my father (Mal Murphy's) brother Neville who passed away a long time ago. Dolly will be sadly missed by many friends and whanau. Because many of my cousins expressed an interest in the family history I have decided this blog is worth maintaining so I will endeavour to do so. I hope too that you will feel free to contribute either via comments, and/or emailing me anything you would like to have included. I'm posting another pic here as I think they bring things 'to life' more. The pic is of my mum and her little brother Maurice Keith Richards, with their grandfather Frank Long. He was married to Edith (nee Redward).
Their parents were Maurice Augustine and Winifred Marjorie LONG. Moss's parents were Richard Richards (I know, it's highly original!) and Mary Ann Cusack. They had a hotel in the early days of Thames called The George and there are records of a devastating fire when Richard and Mary Ann lived in Karangahake in which they lost two very young sons.

No comments: